Sunday, March 8, 2009

So sore!

Man, this morning when I woke up (lost an hour of sleep - thanks, DST!), I felt so sore! In a good way. I decided to incorporate more cross-training into my workouts, so yesterday after my run I did a yoga video that I'd had for over a year and had never touched. I thought it was going to be a nice, mellow introduction to yoga. Maybe it's just because I'm so fat, but that thing kicked my butt! I couldn't do some of the positions it had me do, but I made my own modifications instead of waiting for something that I was physically ready for. Throughout part of it, the instructor kept saying things like, "what a great back workout!" and "doesn't it feel great to stretch out your back after that back workout?" I had no idea what she was talking about until this morning. Now I know.

I didn't have much to do this morning, so after my Sunday routine of checking PostSecret, I headed over to Runner's World to do some reading. I've been spending a lot of time reading running blogs and running articles lately. Anyway, I found an article full of reasons to get out and run. Some are quotes by famous runners, others are simple statements like, "you'll be wearing a bathing suit in another month, won't you?" This one caught my attention:

65. DON'T EXPECT EVERY DAY TO BE BETTER than the last. Some days will be slower than others, and some days might even hurt a bit. But as long as you're on the road, it's a good day.

After yesterday's run, this is my exact sentiment. This week, I'm going to try and run at least one mile every day. It's not necessarily something I should do as a beginner runner all the time, but I feel like this is a really good personal goal for myself. Today's the first day of the week, so my mileage will start today. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: