Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another 3.0 miler in the bag!

I've got so much running (haha) through my mind right now, I don't even know where to begin! I just got back from my second 3.0 mile run this week (and my best to date). I had to drag myself out of bed in order to go, and at first I was only going to do 1.0, then I thought, "eh, whatever, 2.0 won't be so painful." Then I saw other runners hitting the pavement and internally yelled at myself for wanting to quite before I was good and tired. So I finished up the 3.0 and did it in pretty good time! My splits are are the end of the post.

So I've been waiting to hear back about this really incredible and really competative fellowship for about three weeks, and it's been slowly killing me. My classes are very computer intentisive, so I spend up to 10 hours in the lab a day doing work. This isn't bad because I'm overworking myself (I really love my work), but because that means I constantly have access to e-mail. Oh, you think I have self control? Maybe when it comes to food (well, not yesterday, but we'll get to that later...), but definitely not in this case. I refreshed my e-mail at least once every ten minutes (usually more like every 5) for the past two minutes while sitting in front of a computer. Anyway, last night I finally convinced myself to just relax and watch a movie. Both my roommates are gone for the weekend, so I have the house to myself. A little peaceful alone time.

I picked out Dan in Real Life, which just made me kind of depressed. Not what I was going for at all. The movie completely turned me off to the idea of going out later in the night. I resigned myself to check my e-mail one last time before going to bed. Lo and behold, it was there. The e-mail I had been waiting for was sitting in my inbox. I opened it and could barely read it. My eyes found the word acceptance and I just laughed for three minutes straight. It was a beautiful thing. I felt like I could run a marathon (it's a good thing I did not try).

Anyway, this put me in an incredible mood for the rest of the night. I called my family, went to Barnes & Noble and bought a couple of books in celebration (I'm a huge nerd, if you couldn't tell), and then went and met up with a friend. Then we ordered pizza. WOMP.

Oh well. Slip-ups happen. I also ate a large amount of chocolate, which is just not good in general, but it also means I slipped up in my not-eating-candy-challenge. I just have to get on the horse again and keep riding. Which is why I dragged myself outside for a 3.0 mile run in 34 degree weather. That probably wasn't such a hot idea. I should have gone to the gym, but I thought it was warmer out when I left the house. I can't really run in cold weather, it aggravates my asthma. Now I'm breathing heavily and coughing a bit. Remind me not to make the same mistake next time!

Okay, I'm out. Gotta head back to the lab. Happy running!

Mile 1: 10:51
Mile 2: 11:50
Mile 3: 11:01
Total: 33:42 (a.k.a. AWESOME)

No comments: