Friday, March 6, 2009

Snail-like and proud!

Today was a beautiful day, so I decided to take my run outside for the first time since an atypical December morning. I waited until the temperature was just right (about 2:30) before I went out. My roommate kind of laughed at me when I told her I was waiting for it to warm up, you know the kind. I could hear it in her laugh that she didn't think I would actually go out, actually get up off my fat bottom and run. Well, I did. Not fast, not by a long shot. My pace was 13:20, which is way slower than even I'm used to, but I think my body is just not used to running again, which is a big consequence of being lazy, of which I am most certainly guilt! I've never run on streets where you have to wait in order to cross the street, so that added a couple of minutes to my total time (but I did not stop moving! gotta love knee-highs).

I ran about a 3.0 mile loop. CRAZY! I've never done something like that before, so I don't even care that I did it slowly. All I care about is the fact that I did it.I would have done the whole loop straight through without stopping, but I'm pretty sure my roommates have been eating my peanut butter, so I took a water break at the super market and picked some up, then finished the last leg of my run home. The pre-supermarket stop summed to about 34:00 (longest I've ever run non-stop!) and the last portion was about 6:30. Dear reader (if you exist), do you know what this means? I ran for 40:30! That's the longest I've ever run in one workout. Sure, I've run 3.0 miles before, but who gives a poop about distance? I'm more in this for the health, and while mileage is something fun to share, I ultimately just want to be able to run for a long time without dying. My longest (time-wise) run prior to today's was 36:00, and I definitely beat that!

Okay, I need to go shower my smelly self and snack on something. Keep on running!

No comments: