Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grocery Store Layout

Does anyone besides me have a problem with the layout of grocery stores? It's something that's been bothering me for a while now. Typically, the produce section is one of the first parts you walk through. Great. I love that! Inundate me with fresh fruits and veggies, giving me less room for the non-essentials. It's seriously awesome.

But what's right in between the entrance and the produce at just about every grocery store I've ever been to? Baked goods. Breads. Muffins. Doughnuts. Cookies. Cakes. TORTURE. Whose idea was this? They're a terrible person. I've never been tempted to buy any of these over-priced goodies (but it's not will power that prevents me from loading up, it's the price), but the smells drive me INSANE. Carbohydrates and sweets, and any combination of the two, are my downfall. I could eat bread all day.

This is something I've been meaning to rant about for a while, and I made a mental note to write this post as I was filling my basket with fruits and veggies. I am also really tempted to just bake a cake (baking=love), but I will not!

Tomorrow's my weekly weigh-in, but I'm not expecting anything good. Sadly. This has been a bad week for me food-wise. My friend Cameron made me dinner last night to celebrate my fellowship. Think quiche. With lots of cheese. Also brownies. Three of them. Leftover quiche for lunch. Very bad. Wednesday night is my weekly dinner with another friend. Fried eggplant. Terrible. WOMP. I need to be more conscious about what I put in my mouth.

No comments: