Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That's Better

Today I had my second run of the week. I was still a little bit sore and remembering how laborious running at an 11:00 pace was, I slowed it down to 12:00. I'm in no rush!

On Monday I had to divide up my two miles of running into four segments: 8 minutes, 3 minutes, 5.5 minutes, and then 5 minutes. Today, I managed the whole two miles without stopping or even changing my pace, which is awesome! It definitely shows that I'm out of shape, but I've still got some oomf in me.

I think I'll increase my speed on the machine by 0.1 each week to bring me from 5.0 (12:00) to 6.0 (10:00) or better by race time. That change seems gradual enough that I can achieve it! As for my outdoor runs, I'll just have to pay attention to my watch.

So fitness is going well this week, but food is going poorly! The food that I'm eating is healthy, but I can't manage to eat enough of it. Oh, the woes of being a poor college student! I get paid tomorrow though (phew!), so I can finally go food shopping and eat something besides oatmeal, rice & beans, eggs, and grapefruit (a little bit of an exaggeration, but not far from the truth). I've got to hit my nutrition ranges! I've been killing the fiber and water, though :)

Until tomorrow!

No comments: