Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cold Weather Run #2

Today wasn't nearly as bad as last week's cold-weather run Temperature-wise, it was a balmy 28 F (not sure of the wind chill - somewhere in the ones or low teens). My goal was to run 3.5 miles, which I proudly achieved! It was a little tougher physically this week, though, because I waited until later in the day and didn't give myself enough time after eating. Also, the wind was at my face for the first half of the run, which is never fun. I may also have been a little bit dehydrated. I had enough to drink yesterday, but today I wasn't doing so well with the water. Woops! My time was 44:47, so that put my pace a little over 13:00. Not what I'd LIKE to see, but let's look for the positive: 1) I didn't wuss out and completed the whole 3.5 miles and 2) I ran the WHOLE way - no walking breaks. I think that's a good sacrifice for a bad pace.

I am surprised that I'm sticking to this so well! Last week I only got in one easy run at the gym (on Thursday), so this week I have to try and be better about that. Tuesday I've signed up to give blood, so I've also got to be conscious of that. You can't workout within 24 hours of giving blood, right? I should look into that... Otherwise, it's just back to the old grindstone!

1 comment:

Colsten Farms said...

3.5 miles! That's really really good! Great job!