Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Very impressive!" - 6.3 miles down!

I skipped lat week's 4.5 mile run. Bad, I know.

This week I was schedules for a 5.0 miler. Daunting. Very scary. Completely frightening. After procrastinating all morning, I suited up and headed out. Through the entire run, little pains popped up here and there, but it wasn't so bad. Around the 1 mile marker I saw a 50-something man running who would make another appearance later in my run. Around this time, I was feeling pretty good - I had some pain in my right hip, but it went away and was replaced by an unhappy tummy. Ruh-roh!

Around the 2.5 mile mark, I saw the man again and had a short conversation with him, because this time we were headed in the same direction. He's running the Worcester half-marathon as well, not shooting for a PR, just looking to cross the finish line. He asked me how far I was going today, I told him I was planning on doing 5 miles, and he responded with a "Very impressive!" I am IMPRESSIVE? I guess so! I took the compliment and ran with it.

I also got some boost of energy (well, it was more like determination - I was pretty tired) to keep running. I ran a total of 6.31 miles in 1:25. HELL. YEAH. !!

I feel pretty awesome. Just sayin'.

Also, down to 206 lbs!

2 comments:

institute of lraqi scholars & academician said...

thank you very much

Colsten Farms said...

Holy Crap! Every time I visit your blog you have run farther and farther. GOOD JOB!