Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apparently, when the going gets tough, I don't get going - I quit. This has been an obvious theme in my attempts at health, weight loss, and fitness. This is a stupid theme. I don't want to accept it. I won't accept it. I've been 200+ pound since I was 14. That's preposterous! How does a 14 year old girl get to be that fat? By eating a lot and not moving at all.

Since the semester started, I've managed to find a routine/schedule that is inclusive of adequate sleep, time to eat (although sometimes it's in class or my lab), class, class work, work, friends, and exercise! I have an okay streak going this week - I went for a run Monday, Tuesday and today.

This morning when I got out of bed (a little later than usual because I stayed up to watch the Biggest Loser on hulu last night), I almost decided to do some readings instead of hit the gym. I had to be somewhere at 9, and I reasoned that I wouldn't have enough time to do everything I wanted at the gym, plus it was raining. This is dumb. Not enough time to do everything I wanted? Sure, that's true. Enough time to do a warm-up run and get in some interval training? Of course! I rolled out of bed, threw on my running clothes, and headed out the door.

I hate running on treadmills, but as it was raining, I didn't have much of a choice but to go to the gym. I actually wasn't going to run, I was going to bike instead, but I forgot reading material and I can't handle the bike without something in front of me. Three days of plain old running in a row was not looking good for me, so I ran 5 minutes on 5.3 (I some speed and most of my endurance over the summer), then ran hard at 6.0 for a minute and walked for a minute. I kept up the intervals of one minute running, one minute walking while increasing the running speed at each interval until I got to 6.5 and then had a nice long cool down. I could have kept going, but I had my 9 am deadline, so I stretched, ran home (only about 2 minutes), showered, and made it on time.

I think I just need someone to hold me accountable, because obviously I can't hold myself accountable.

No comments: