Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Feel the burrrrn!

The sun burn. You would think that after getting burnt once already this season (and badly, might I add), you'd think I'd learn. But no. Back of my legs, and my shoulders a bit. Ouch.

I wanted to go for my run before I went to the beach this morning, but my sister failed to wake me up when I asked her to, so I went this evening at around 7:00, knowing full well that this is a terrible time for me to run. Like real bad. I never eat right on days where I plan on running in the evening (don't ask me why), and today I did a poor job hydrating. Plus, I'm just a morning person. I do everything better in the morning.

In any case, I planned a 3.5 mi run around town, and ended up walking for a short leg, thus cutting it to a 3.3 miler. I ran into a friend (ha! Get it? Ran into? ...Anyway.), which was cool! Cutting the run wasn't why it was bad, though, I just felt like crap the whole way. Literally, the entire time I either had side stitches, pain in my left knee, or pain in the used-to-be-blister-that-I-thought-had-healed. It ended up being a 12:27 pace. Meh.

To better days and better runs! At least I got out there, right?

Mileage: 3.3
Pace: 12:27
Total Time: 41:05

No comments: