Monday, May 18, 2009

An end to an unannounced hiatus

Hello, again, running universe!

It's been a while, and I've really missed being here.

It all went down hill for me when I got violently ill for three weeks starting at the end of March. Then I got healthy, but I made up a million reasons not to run (finals, mostly). Cut to mid-May, and as of yesterday I hadn't ran in about a month and a half. Well, that all changed today!

This weekend I was in Massachusetts moving into my new apartment (and now my whole body aches from the lifting). I decided that it would be as good a time as any to pick up where I left off. Yesterday was my first full day back in NY (where the parents lives - here until early June), and I wanted to run but my legs were so sore from the hundred (well, it seemed like a hundred) trips up to my new third floor apartment.

Today I had to run a very important errand (send the keys to my roommate in Texas before she flies out for Mass), and I decided to actually run my errand. I ran the 1.25 mi to the post office, mailed the keys, and ran home. I ran slowly, but I did it! And it was more than I expected to be capable of, after 1.5 months of practically no physical activity. So I'm back to running, and hopefully this summer I will dominate the streets!

No comments: