Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recipe for a good day

Today was good - work was positive, I got in a solid workout, my roommate took me out for a belated birthday dinner, and my team won trivia night at the local bar. Good thing I'm an alcohol-free vegetarian, or else our winnings may have been too tempting to resist (beer and fried wings).  Really, I just play for the glory of winning.  That, and I'm pretty trivial.

After finishing my workout, I was only moderately happy. I suppose I thought I was a lot slower than I was, but I did the math and for my workout I averaged an 11:04 pace. Looking over the numbers, I am very happy! I ran two miles (5.5 mph & 5.6 mph) and then did some intervals. I thought for sure the walking in between running intervals would have brought me down a lot more, but apparently not. I did 3.75 miles in 41:30. Not too shabby! Right now, there's no way I could keep up that pace for more than 4 miles or so, but I'm working on it!

I also did some squats and lunges last night, which I am most definitely feeling in the quads and glutes today.  Tomorrow could end up being a rest day, but in all honesty, I think my body is runnable.

Also, Miss Zippy is hosting a GU giveaway - check it out here.

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

nice work! 4 miles is great. Before you know it you'll be talking about how you can "only" hold that for 10 miles or so