Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spandex...

...are completely wonderful. I went for my run today (sadly, though temperatures have gone up, I was still inside) and had ZERO pain on the inside of my legs because there was absolutely no chafing! Stupendous. I was completely and utterly thrilled. They're also awesome because all of my shorts tend to ride up when I run, which is such an annoyance, but since I was wearing spandex, I didn't pay any attention to the shorts I was wearing on top of them.

Anyway, I was a little bit sore after my long run yesterday, but I really wanted to run. In addition to the spandex, I got a CamelBack water bottle and I just couldn't wait to Monday to test them out. Today was supposed to be my rest day, but I'm making it tomorrow instead. Anyway, since it's the beginning of a new week, and I've spent two weeks on 5.1 mph, I decided to move up to 5.2 mph, which really wasn't a huge change at all. I ran for 15:00, walked five, and then finished up with another 9:00, totalling my mileage to about 2.0. Good way to start my week, if I do say so myself! Tomorrow I'll only bike and row and Tuesday I can get back into running for the week!

I made cookies last night at my roommates' urging, which was bad for me. I ate too many! I'm letting them eat most of them, though. Baked goods really are my demise. I wonder how much I weigh? I haven't stepped on a scale since the very end of December. I wonder if I've lost any weight? I hope so, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I hadn't. I can run 3.0 miles!

No comments: